Tara Sarathi Inclusivity Scholarship
THIS AWARD IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL THE CYCLE OPENING JANUARY 2024
Tara Sarathi was a Bartlesville High School student who graduated in 2008 and attended college at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). She currently works as an Engineer in Cambridge, MA, and strongly believes in providing everyone, regardless of background or personal journey, with the opportunity to grow into the best version of themselves.
The Tara Sarathi Inclusivity Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship granted to a graduating senior of Bartlesville High School. Paid 100% in the fall semester of the student’s first year of school. Preference will be given to students who identify as belonging to a traditionally marginalized group including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic class, or physical ability and who plan to attend a college or university out of the state of Oklahoma.
- Bartlesville High School graduating senior
- Preference for student who identifies as belonging to a traditionally marginalized group including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic class, physical ability, etc.
- Unweighted high school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Preference to students planning to attend university or college outside the state of Oklahoma
- Two essays:
- Essay #1: 1000 to 1500 words, describing how events in your life have made you the person you are today
- Essay #2: 500 to 1000 words, describing what goals you would like to achieve in college. These goals can be academic or extracurricular in nature.
- One letter of recommendation from someone unrelated to you
- Copy of submitted FAFSA
- Official Bartlesville High School transcript
This application is not available until January 1st, 2024.