Carol Ann & Don Cone Legacy Scholarship
Scholarship will be awarded to a Bartlesville High School student intending to pursue a career in education. Up to $1,000 payable to the university, college, junior college, trade, or vocational school on behalf of the recipient, following proof of acceptance. Scholarship recipients may also receive a $1,000 grant upon earning their teaching certificate.
Recipient will be selected based on adherence to prescribed criteria, meaningful content and clarity of essay, and strong character as demonstrated through letters of recommendation.
- Bartlesville High School graduating senior
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Student intends to pursue a degree in education and/or become a teacher
- Active in extra-curricular activities, especially, but not limited to, church or Christian organizations, mentoring or helping children, and volunteering in organizations that help youth
- Personal essay of 1000 words or less, addressing the topic, “Why I want to teach.”
- Two letters of recommendation – at least one from a BHS faculty member
- A current photo (optional)
- Copy of submitted FAFSA
- Official Bartlesville High School transcript
This application will open January 1st.